Thursday, June 4, 2009

Man, it was a crazy day today...

I came to the conclusion that I might need to utilize this Blog as a journal instead of just postin' videos.

In either which case,
first off,
I feel a personal renassance comin' on.
So I'm just puttin' myself into my own lane.
If anyone don't like it, just know,
good :)
I need more haters :)

Second,
I really like the Chopin Theater.
It was the first place I went to when I found out about
Young Chicago Authors (.org).

One of my co-worker/mentors named Robbie Q,
he had his 7th Encyclopedia show (maybe I should find a link, maybe later, its 2 in the morning).
and that shit is an ingenius avenue for the comedic/theatric growth of what is known
as performance poetry.

Next season is gon' be raw.

In either which case, I gotta start up this Hip-Hop Theater joint,
so at the very least I have a place to do my one man show.

I think there might be a market for it.
Hip hop is adult contemporary music, and there are alot of artists
who jump between categories so it might be a good thing to put up/promote.

Yeah,
so I also heard this group/emcee named 5-1 today @ The Darkroom.
He sampled that ol' dub track Lucifer (famously sampled by Kanye).

This new shit is way more raw than Kanye's (however sacriligious that sounds).

Also, speakin' of Kanye,
he made a video for Paranoid (my favorite song off the album).
I don't like the video.

Its too avant garde for me. The song is happy, even though its called Paranoid,
and he went too much with the feeling of the subject matter and not the feeling of the song.

I'm sure he did this on purpose, he's a jerk.

In either which case, Tomorrow Kings is the shit (I gotta say that once a blog).

I got a show comin' up, I'm a post the plugger tomorrow along with some other shit.
Oh and Dan Sullivan (Poet/Bartender/Irish Vegetarian) has a blog website "Cureforyourrallies.com",
I might add that to the link list.


Aiight, thats it, I'm goin' to sleep.

I might start postin' poetry on here too.

No comments: